Wednesday, September 10, 2008

for your consideration...Batillus MP3



Greetings JS-NYC readers (and I do mean both of you). As I threatened, I bring you both MP3 goodness and Batillus news for your pleasure.

The first of what I hope to be many MP3s on JS-NYC is from the outer borough purveyors of doom called Batillus. You might remember them from a previous posting.

Batillus recorded last month at Black Box in Hanson, MA and walked away with five songs put to tape. Total time? 58 minutes. Yeah, you did the math right. Even if you don't like the doomier end of things, you sure do get some bang (or boom, really) for your buck. It's not long for the sake of wasting tape either. Trust me, you'll be wanting more. Check out the MP3 of Gravel Chime below. A second track is at the Myspace. Go There.

Might I suggest lowering your speaker volume in the workplace....

Batillus - Gravel Chime

Batillus are playing at Fontana's on September 19 with Unearthly Trance, Aun and Subarachnoid Space. Check the appropriate links as you see fit and keep an eye on their Myspace for updates as to who might be releasing the rest of the recordings.

R

No comments: