Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Marked Men - On The Other Side 7"

Two songs recorded in Dec 2009 while Jeff Burke was home for Christmas. Or so the 1-2-3-4 website says. Lest I start internet misinformation, I should point out this is on 540 Records, but I can't find any web presence. I can't say I am or was the hugest Marked Men fan, but there are a bunch of people out there I know (read: hot chicks) that go buck nutty for such things, and the artwork is by Mr. Tim Kerr, so I picked it up. Shockingly enough, On The Other Side sounds like Marked Men: competent enough garage rock that is probably a lot more fun in a small Texas room with a couple Shiners in you.

I don't think this release is any harbinger of an official MM reunion. Erika saw them at this year's Chaos in Tejas, but I don't think that was more than a convenient maximizing of Jeff's time in from Japan. Can't find anything on the interwebs either but I'm going to leave that bit of sleuthing to those that care. If you number in that lot, buy On The Other Side here.

R

No comments: