Thursday, February 17, 2011

Orny Adams Takes The Third

I saw the Comedian documentary for the first time a month or so ago. I'm not the hugest Seinfeld fan, but that's almost definitely a result of my contrarian nature. Seinfeld comes off pretty unaffected, and the Colin Quinn presence makes my time investment more than worthwhile. Our Mr. Quinn was the reason I checked in on Comedian in the first place. Orny Adams was the underdog of the doc and while he was funny in an everyman Adam Ferrara/Christian Finnegan sort of way, I wasn't all that impressed. Same goes for this new DVD. Orny Adams Takes The Third is a solid set. Adams seems like he might crossover into an edgier sort of Ray Romano sit-com situation. He's funny, and not especially threatening, but I wouldn't go out of my way to see anything else he releases.

R

No comments: