Monday, July 21, 2008

Rolling!

Hey Kids:

Welcome to Jaded Scenester, my newly launched exercise in virtual narcissism. Ok, actual narcissism in the virtual realm, but if you’ve made it this far you’ve no doubt endured (or hopefully at least been amused by) my obsession with all things enjoyed aurally enough to check out my little corner of the universe. It is, as our friends from Athens so eloquently put it, a blessing and a curse. You can take small consolation in the fact that you don’t have to enjoy my ranting firsthand any more. I’m going to try to make it a good time here, so strap on in. Thrill at the awkwardness when I diss your boyfriend or sister’s band without realizing the connection. Revel in my hypocrisy. Watch me flip-flop like Amy Winehouse on bad coke. This is going to be fun.

You can still find me in the usual print and web places, but I’m going to try and update this at least once daily. I’m going to post live reviews as well as record and DVD reviews and can pretty much guarantee that I’ll review everything that comes my way as well as hosting MP3s and video. E-mail me at jadedscenesternyc@gmail and I’ll hit you off with a mailing address. That said: if you’re in an electro-clash band, a member of Gaslight Anthem, or just plain suck outright, don’t expect me to not call a turd a turd. Give it your best shot. If it makes you feel any better, I used to hate everything, but now I just hate most things. I’ll call that progress.


R
the eighteenth letter

No comments: