Sunday, December 13, 2009

David Cross - I Drink For A Reason

David Cross is a slippery slope for me. I think that his comedy albums are absolutely brilliant, but all that good work is somewhat diluted by every interaction anyone I've ever known him to have with the service world/common people resulting in reports of him being a total douchebag. I would have never thought that anyone who was that much of a Superchunk fan would be that much of a shitbag, but I've obviously been wrong before.

Cross was on one of the late night shows recently talking about his recent month long stand of sold out London shows and did a set at Bumbershoot that is making the interweb rounds, so I mistakenly snapped this up thinking it was a new stand-up set. I Drink For A Reason is actually an audio book with Cross narrating. I would say, in theory, that this a good idea, but while the bits are decent, and it is certainly much more engaging in DC's own voice, he seems to have a DQ (douche quotient) that is off the charts. It's also very, very long, which may be either onerous or equitable depending on how you slice it. I would say that the former is the closest to the truth, but I guess you should probably decide for yourself.
Personally, I'd look for the live show.

R

1 comment:

gaohui said...

Dog sweaters are Abercrombie Polos available in styles ranging from v-necks to Abercrombie Polos turtle necks and of course everything in ed hardy Hats between including hooded sweaters as well as knit ones. When it comes to your dog's Ed Hardy Sale warm dog wardrobe selections, sweaters are definitely a must have item.When Ed Hardy Swimwear the nights get even colder though and the basic sweater will just not do it for your dog, then Ed Hardy Swimwear you may be in need of a jacket or coat as well. There are Ed Hardy Swimwear many of these available too and they come in styles like checker trench coats, fabulous ed hardy swimsuits fleece jackets as well as promenade faux fur coats styles.